Cold weather (59°!!) hits central Florida tomorrow, so tonight was the perfect time to make one of our favorite dishes, brisket stew. This was some fantastic Australian Wagyu A+9 brisket from The Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola FL. I usually have a couple pounds left over after each contest and that’s what I used here. Nothing fancy, super easy, quick, and tasty.
- 2lbs cubed brisket and au jus
- Beef stock + 16oz water
- 1 bag coin/crinkle cut carrots – missed the picture
- 4 red skin potatoes, chunked
- 2 cans corn, drained
- large can of Glory green beans + half the liquid
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c Swamp Boys Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 c Swamp Boys Bootleg Red BBQ Sauce
- 2 TBS Big Poppa Smokers Desert Gold rub
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
Start the potatoes and carrots simmering in the broth and water for about 10 minutes. Add everything else, return to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve it up and get comfortable.
- make it tastier by grilling or roasting your own whole carrots, potatoes, corn on the cob, and fresh green beans. Then chunk, dice and slice.
- The Swamp Boys Original and Bootleg sauces bring a fantastic flavor and complexity to the stew
- BPS Desert Gold has been a long standing favorite of mine for seasoning soups, veggies, etc.